When traveling, world schooling and unschooling online games are often good to keep your child stimulated.
Some of the websites (mostly for older students but a few for younger) that offer online classes or activities. Many are fun games that teach you how to type, or to explore. Others incorporate education in a fun and interactive way to learn.
- http://www.youtube.com/user/historyteachers (history for music lovers)
- http://www.youtube.com/user/ParticleMen#p/search (They Might Be Giants youtube channel– type in kids– they have some AWESOME kids videos)
- http://www.windows2universe.org/ (Earth Science/Solar System)
- http://www.arkive.org/ (wildlife films and photos)
- http://horseland.com (horse breeding/racing)
- http://animaljam.com (make a creature, and play games/chat in a virtual world)
- http://jumpstart.com (make an avatar, play in a virtual world)
This one is a resource for kids/adults:
Ancient Rome resources:
Thanks to Carmen Matlock, Aadel Bussinger and 6 others in Christian Unschooling sites for some of these suggestions
“Don’t let schooling interfere with your education-Mark Twain “
Unschooling online can be so much fun. Online games, educational sites and even Google all play a key part in children learning as an alternative form to the classroom.
Questions and Comments
- Do you realize kids can learn whilst they play games?
- What online games do you recommend to other parents?
- Are there any online games you don’t recommend?
- Do you do unschooling online?
- Please tell us in the comments below – we’d love you to share your insight with other families who might also be using alternative education