Overseas Checklist – Toys for the trip
Toys and Games you may wish to take with you
General Toys for the trip
1. An inflatable world globe.
You can make a game where he can throw it to people in the waiting room and they can show him the country they are from.
Can get people talking, but check to see it is not annoying.
This is great for the pool too.
2. Trash Packs
3. Mighty Beans
Great to collect and also small
You also think of:
- Small hanging toys you can clip to their backpack
- Small collectible toys
- Toy soldiers: Small and easy to pack, can be political in some countries I am told
- Pack of Cards
- Magnetic board games especially for travel
- Cars, trucks etc. Matchbox etc
When your child becomes bored with their toys, encourage them to give them to the village children.
Books and Activities
Electronic Games and Toys for the trip
Other sitting activities and rest time
Planes and buses are also a great time to catch up on your child reading to you, doing their journal, and other studies. Use your sitting time as a classroom, and remember to give the child enough breaks.
Encourage the child to get up and walk the aisles with you, to drink lots of water, and if need be, catch up on sleep. Try to get some sleep yourself, as you are in total control and sleeping in a plane, provided that your valuables are tucked away, is pretty safe.
Try to limit the time your child has on electronic equipment. Early days of the wrist, thumb, and eyestrain are the new health issues among minors.
A favorite toy in all the photo’s
Can you suggest some others Toys for the trip?
- Do you carry your child’s toys while traveling, or would you rather buy them new ones?
- How else do you keep your child entertained throughout the trip?
- kindly share your comments below.