From even before the moment we stepped foot in the front foyer of Armada Peru Hotel in Istanbul, we had amazing service.
What happened to us this day was unique. The roads were blocked so we had to follow a taxi in order to find a place to park and get to the hotel. The taxi driver ran down to the concierge, and next thing, two lovely staff appeared by our car to assist us.
They then helped us to get to the car park very nearby, for secure parking.
Once inside it was just lovely to sit in the foyer, and admire the antiques, and for Explorason, the Christmas Tree.
This boutique hotel is located in the Pera neighborhood of Istanbul on the European side. It is a 5 – 10 minute walk away from Taksim Square and Galata Tower, depending on how packed the shopping street is, and on how many delays we had looking at the wonderful stores.
This lovely old building of Armada Pera Hotel has been fully renovated and belonged to Ottoman Palace Tailor, Paul Parma, and his family and exudes
Art Nouveau Charm at Armada Pera Hotel Istanbul.
We found The Armada Pera Hotel is just perfect for our needs.
Once I had recovered from the driving frenzy to get here, we were taken up to the top floor to our suite. I loved it as it was at the rear of the building, so the French Doors opened onto a balcony area. I love sunlight and fresh air, and of course a view too.
This is now a 20-room boutique hotel, and we found that caters to guests who hold an appreciation for a unique establishment.
Little things we noted were the class and style in which the food was presented, and the extra touches to the room.
One thing we loved was the lovely Turkish Cotton robes for guest use or purchase, and complimentary slippers.
Here we also found:
- A stunningly restored Art Nouveau Building complete with tailor themed artworks and displays
- A great collection of coffee table and photography books for our perusal
- Nespresso machine and coffee and tea selection in our suite. As many of you know, I love to get up early and have my quiet time of reflection and thanks, so my yummy coffee was perfect for that.
- Tailor-Made Hospitality – the front desk staff even organized a whole security plan in case Explorason got lost.
- Gorgeous Sherbet available anytime from this stunning cut glass decanter
- Terrace Cafe & Bar
- A choice of either la Turca & A la Franga Breakfast (Explorason licks his lips in delight!)
- Breakfast is also served with delicious barista coffees and teas.
- Complimentary Afternoon Tea which we really found great after a long day out exploring
- Free Wireless Internet in all the rooms
- Lovely Olive Oil toiletries
They also offer a package deal where you can include a meal at their sister hotel Armada Istanbul in the historical section of Istanbul. We decided to go along for lunch one day. It is best to reserve a table, as the day we went there was a conference, but we were able to sit and enjoy the view of the bay.
I was pretty glad we had a long walk after the meal. I ate so much, as the Turkish food was just incredible. I finished off the meal with Turkish Delights and a Turkish coffee.
After the long day out, we walk back through the bustling local area – it is alive 24/7 all around with many cafes, restaurants, shops, and clubs. It was perfect to return ‘home’ to our cozy and warm room. The flat screen TV with English channels was great too.
We really had a very comfortable stay here.
My favorite thing by far was just chilling out downstairs in the afternoon with the afternoon tea though!
Accommodation Name: Armada Pera Hotel
Location: Kamer Hatun Mh., Hamalbaşı Caddesi No:28, 34420 İstanbul, Turkey
Date stayed: December 2014
Breakfast: Yes – choice of two on menu plus extras
Wi-fi: Yes in each room
Questions and Comments
- What fascinates you about Istanbul?
- What do you make of the culture and way of life of the locals?
- Have you been to Hotel Istanbul
- What do you make of my visit to Istanbul?
- Do share your experiences, opinions and Comments with us below.